Friday, September 27, 2013

Gruyere, Fresh Fig and Pecan "Grilled" Cheese

Joey always comes up with good ideas for food I should make. He came home from the store the other day with a package of fresh figs, saying that I had to make a gruyere and fig grilled cheese with them. I was sold on the idea! He said he had seen something similar online, using fig jam. Since it's fig season right now, why not make it with fresh figs?

This is really simple, so I'm not going to write it out in recipe format. Use your favorite bread - I used the honey wheat bread I've been making every week. Sprinkle some chopped pecans or walnuts on one piece of bread, top with lots of gruyere cheese, and then put in the toaster oven until the cheese has melted. Top with sliced fresh figs, and then the other slice of bread, and enjoy! I think this could also benefit from a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of black pepper, to really play up the sweet and savory combination.




No comments:

Post a Comment