Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mixing It Up - Strength/Cardio Friday

I normally do a sparty-style workout every Friday. Of course I haven't done one in a few weeks - what with the race last weekend, and having a friend in town the weekend before. I actually didn't even do it the week before that, since we left to go to West Virginia for the weekend. Anyway, now that I've made myself look like a lazy bum, this is what I did yesterday.

I saw something on Fit Sugar about a workout that paired strength and cardio, which looked to be of similar difficulty as a Spartacus workout, and actually used some of the same exercises. I asked Joey his opinion, since he will tell me truthfully if he thinks something I find online is hard enough or not, and he said that it sounded pretty hard. It says to go through 3-4 times for a 45 minute workout. Let's just say that I got through 2x in 45 minutes. If you're able to go more quickly than I did, well by all means, do 3-4 times through! I listed the weights that I used, so feel free to adjust.

I ended the workout with just a couple of core exercises, and then called it a day. I got a late start because I didn't get home until after 5:30, and then was helping Joey make peach jam (!!!). I got back to the apartment around 8, and by the time I showered and was ready to think about dinner, it was already 8:30. I unfortunately didn't have any leftovers, or any creativity, so dinner was some harvest grain medley, topped with steamed veggies and two veggie burgers.


Heart Monitor:
Duration: 0:50:00
Calories Burned: 466
Average Heart Rate: 148 (76.7% max)
Max Heart Rate: 174 (90.2% max)
Time in Zone (65-85%): 0:40:52

No comments:

Post a Comment