Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolutions for 2014

As cheesy as it sounds, I like thinking of the new year as a clean slate. Mind you, I don't want to erase any of the good I've done in the past year (or more). This is the time to build on good habits, and to start fresh with remaking bad habits.

Some of my resolutions are specific, since I have actual goals in mind. Others are more general, and I hope to apply to more than just one thing.

What are you hoping to work on this year?

1. Be kinder to myself
I mean this in every way. I want to treat my body better, which means be mindful of what I'm eating, make sure to keep up with exercise, and try to get more sleep. I also want to try not to be as hard on myself, since I can be my worst critic.

2. Put more effort into my blog
I am so far behind on posts, that right now it feels impossible to catch up. Instead of trying to pump out a couple dozen poorly written posts, I want to try to put out posts with more thought and effort. I'm going to continue posting, and will sneak in overdue posts when I can. I also want to try to take better pictures for my recipe posts.

3. Train for the Charlottesville 10 Miler
I am determined to not only run 10 miles for the first time, but to train for this race and be happy with the results. I actually consider myself a runner now, after close to 1 year of recreational running. I'm very comfortable with running 5-6 miles at a time, but I want to try to push to increase that distance, and to work on my speed. Thankfully, I have a pretty solid training plan to follow, and I am enrolled in the official Charlottesville 10 Miler Training Program as well.

4. Keep in touch with friends and family
I am very guilty of not keeping in touch with those who I don't see on a regular basis. I've come to realize that while some friendships from high school and college were only ones of convenience, others are relationships that I treasure, and I want to make a bigger effort to see and talk to those people. I also want to try to see and talk to my family more often. I talk to my immediate family (mom, dad, sister) on a pretty regular basis, but I want to keep in better touch with the rest of my family. I know too well that anything can happen in life, no matter what your age is, and I don't want to regret not reaching out once it is too late.

5. Be a better girlfriend
I have the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for, and sometimes I don't think I deserve him. I want to make sure he knows how wonderful and amazing he is.

6. Be more spontaneous
I can get too set in my daily routine, which usually involves going to work, some kind of workout, and then just hanging out on the couch. I'm only 27 - I should be trying new things and having adventures! I would like to try something new once a month - whether this is a new restaurant, new activity, new bar - as long as it gets me out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment