Monday, April 22, 2013

Workout: April 22, 2013

I always like Monday workouts, since I get to do kettle bells. Joey helped me come up with a good combination of cards for my workout today. I tried to take it a little easier since something in my left tricep has been hurting.
This is what I did!

Assisted Pullups and Triceps Dips:
Assisted Pullups, 90lbs assistance: 10, 7, 5
Assisted Triceps Dips, 100lbs assistance: 8, 6, 5
Burnout Pullups: 100lbs assistance: 8; 110lbs assistance: 10, 10

Kettle bell card: Bell Brutality
10-2 Ladder, 20lb KB
Swings
American Swings
Goblet Squats
Bent Over Rows (5 each side)
High Pulls
Tactical Lunges (5 each side)
Half Burpees

Kettle bell card: Back to Basics
3x through, 20lb KB
Swings: 25
Cleans: 20 (10 per side)
American Swings: 10
Goblet Squats: 10
Get Ups: 10 (5 per side) - used 7.5lb DB

5-1 Windmill Ladder - 15lb KB

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: 60lbs, 15x3
Narrow Grip Seated Row: 60lbs, 15x3

For dinner, I made a quick but tasty meal. I roasted a bunch of veggies - 1/2 a zucchini, ~1 cup cauliflower, ~1 cup baby carrots, 1/2 red pepper, 2 large mushrooms - at 450 for ~30 minutes, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. I made some Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend and mixed it with the veggies and some roasted shrimp. I've found that roasting shrimp is the easiest, and best way to cook shrimp. I just season them and then roast them at 425 for 6 minutes.

For lunch today, I made a sandwich. I used rye and pumpernickel swirled bread, with some sweet and spicy mustard, baby spinach, roasted eggplant slices, a cooked tilapia filet, and some crunchy lettuce. It kept me nice and full the whole day. Then I had a smoothie for a snack about an hour before I went to the gym - I put 1/2 scoop protein powder (this is the one I use) with 1/4 cup water, then added ~1/4 cup greek yogurt, a bunch of strawberries, a bunch of blueberries, and some frozen banana slices.

I'm going to make another batch of those awesome banana bars! I would recommend putting them in the fridge - they're really moist, and the last couple from the batch I made last week unfortunately got a bit moldy haha. This time I'm going to make a double batch and freeze one of the batches, and stick the other in the fridge for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment