Thursday, October 3, 2013

8k training: 3 mile and 5 mile runs

I've gone on two runs since my last workout post. It's still strange not doing any strength workouts this week. I was really tempted to jump on one of the machines after my run today, but reminded myself that I'm supposed to be giving myself a break. It's a good thing though, since I've done a lot of running this week.

On Tuesday, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. I was supposed to do 3 miles slow, followed by 4 sets of 20 seconds fast and 2 minutes slow. I decided that I just didn't feel like doing the 4 sets at the end, and just did 3 miles. To make up for it a bit, I went faster at the end, finishing the 3 miles in 30:20.

Heart Rate Monitor Results:
Duration: 0:31:26
Calories Burned: 342
Average Heart Rate: 163 (84.5% max)
Max Heart Rate: 179 (92.7% max)
Time in Zone (65-85%): 0:16:46

Today, I had a new kind of run planned. I've mostly been doing set distances, with a few that were followed by some of those short speed intervals. This workout was mostly intervals, but a lot more of them. I was a little apprehensive, but I actually really enjoyed it. If I repeat this kind of run, I might push up the pace in the fast sections a bit.


After I finished running, I walked for 5 minutes at 4.0mph. 
Then I did some abs:
50 standard crunches (legs up)
50 curl-up crunches (legs down)
50 Russian twists (no weight)
30 V-ups
60 sec forearm plank

Heart Rate Monitor Results: (run only)
Duration: 0:51:42
Calories Burned: 590
Average Heart Rate: 167 (86.5% max)
Max Heart Rate: 183 (94.8% max)
Time in Zone (65-85%): 0:14:34

No comments:

Post a Comment