Friday, October 11, 2013

Treadmill Thursday - 5 miles

Last night, my body just didn't want to cooperate on my run. I had an interval workout planned, to do on the treadmill. I was planning on doing a 1 mile warmup at 5.8mph, 8 sets of 2:00 at 7.2mph and 2:00 at 5.6mph, then ~3/4 mile at 6.0mph. As soon as I started running, everything hurt. Sometimes that happens at the beginning of a run, and things loosen up 5-10 minutes in. Well nothing loosened up this time. My entire right leg was really hurting, from my hip, down to my knee, and even in my shin/calf. I did the mile warmup at 5.7mph, then did the intervals at 7.1 and 5.5. I was really starting to fade, a few intervals in, so I decided to stop to walk after 4 sets. After walking for 5 minutes, I decided I was ready to go again, so I did the remaining 4 sets of intervals, at the same pace, and then walked another 5 minutes. I still ended up doing 5 miles, but this included walking 2/3 mile. In the end, I'm proud of myself for pushing through, when I could have just given up. I just hope that my body cooperates for my run on Saturday, and heals during my day off today.


No comments:

Post a Comment