Sunday, May 12, 2013

Back from vacation!

Well - I had planned on blogging while on vacation, but that clearly didn't happen!
I was in Orlando (actually right in Disney) for a conference from Tuesday April 30th - Friday May 3rd, then on a Western Caribbean cruise from Saturday May 4th - Thursday May 9th, then back in Orlando (for Sea World) Thursday May 9th - Saturday May 11th. I'm sad to be back! It was such a great vacation.
Here are my workouts (rough recap of strength stuff, since I don't remember exactly what I did!), starting on Monday April 29th.

Monday April 29th:
Assisted Pullups with 90lbs: 10, 8, 6
Burnout Pullups: 100lbs - 10, 110lbs - 10

Kettlebells: 300 degree fryer with 20lb KB - 2x through (American Swings instead of Snatch, Plank position row instead of Get Ups)

Seated Row: 60lbs 12x2
Lat Pulldowns (with mid width grip) 60lbs 15x2

Yoga! I wanted to get one last yoga class in before vacation

Tuesday April 30th:
I wasn't sure when I would get time to workout during the conference, and I really wanted to loosen up my legs. I decided to do a quick run in the morning, then pack up, and then head out to the airport. To make it simple, I did a similar route to the one I had done the week before with Joey.
It was a little more difficult than I anticipated, and with the humidity, I came home completely drenched.
http://runkeeper.com/user/770957188/activity/173931511
1/2 mile: 4:32 - 9:04/mile pace
1 mile: 9:00 - 9:00/mile pace (8:56/mile pace in last 1/2 mile)
1 1/2 miles: 14:10 - 9:27/mile pace (10:20/mile pace in last 1/2 mile)
2 miles: 18:55 - 9:28/mile pace (9:30/mile pace in last 1/2 mile)
2 1/2 miles: 23:17 - 9:19/mile pace (8:44/mile pace in last 1/2 mile)
Total: 2.75 miles in 25:29 - 9:16/mile pace
Calories burned: 323
Average speed: 6.48 mph

Miles for Boston:
17.95/26.2 miles completed!

Thursday May 2nd:
I decided to skip the morning sessions of the conference and go to the gym instead. I did 2.05 miles on the treadmill (that sounds ridiculous, but I wanted to make my miles for Boston count a bit more even). I ran at a nice slow pace, since I just wanted to loosen up some more for the race the next morning.
0.94 miles at 5.7 mph
1.11 miles at 5.8 mph
242 calories
Lat pulldowns - close grip: 75lbs, 3x12
10-2 Ladder:
Burpees (full)
Russian Twist (10lb med ball)
IBC (10lb med ball)
Back Fly (10lb DBs)
Lunge with Twist (10lb med ball)
Chest Press (10lb DBs)
Plank Up-downs

Miles for Boston:
20/26.1 miles completed!

Friday May 3rd:
For the first time, the conference I went to held a 5k "fun run" on the last morning. It makes sense, since the conference is hosted by The American Heart Association. It started at 6:15 am (so early!!) and there were about 100 runners. The course did a few loops/out and backs throughout the Disney area, and thankfully was almost completely flat. Even that early, it was pretty disgustingly humid. I had no idea what to expect from the other runners, and was a little nervous that everyone would be super fast. I just hoped, as usual, that I wouldn't be last! I used runkeeper as usual, and set it to inform me of my average pace every 1/4 mile. At the first 1/4 mile, I thought that runkeeper was malfunctioning. Still thought so after the 1/2 mile, just based on the time, but realized that where I was on the course matched up to the mile markers I had checked the night before. I was just going really fast! I slowed down a bit throughout, so I obviously started out a bit too fast, but I was incredibly happy with my time. Here's to my fastest race yet!

1/2 mile: 4:00 - 8:00/mile pace
1 mile: 8:10 - 8:10/mile pace (8:20/mile past in last 1/2 mile)

1 1/2 miles: 12:31 - 8:21/mile (8:42/mile in last 1/2)
2 miles: 16:48 - 8:24/mile (8:34/mile in last 1/2)
2 1/2 miles: 21:18 - 8:31/mile (9:00/mile in last 1/2)
3 miles: 25:39 - 8:33/mile (8:34/mile in last 1/2)
total: 3.13 in 26:41 - 8:32/mile average pace

Miles for Boston:
23.1/26.2 miles completed

Saturday May 4th:
Even though I had just worked out (and ran) the past couple days in a row, I was antsy once we got on the cruise. As soon as we set sail, Joey and I put on our workout clothes and headed up to check out the gym and jogging track. The track was on the very upper deck, and was INCREDIBLY windy! We were planning on doing a few miles up there, but after just one mile I had to call it quits and head down to the gym. We went pretty fast though - about 8 minutes. Then in the gym I ran 2 miles on the treadmill, and walked 1 mile. After that I don't remember exactly what I did. I did 2 or 3 sets of 10 reps each of:
Pushups
Triceps dips
21 guns
Side lunge with touch
and probably a few other things that I don't remember at all!

Miles for Boston:
26.1/26.2 miles completed
I think I'm going to call that close enough, since obviously this was just something I wanted to do for me.

Wednesday May 8th:
The first day on the ship, we took a tour of the gym and spa facilities. They had a few classes that would be offered throughout the trip, but only on days when we were at sea. There was a yoga class offered at 8am on both Sunday and Wednesday morning. I'm so glad I signed up for the Wednesday class, since I barely got any sleep the first night on the cruise due to a bit of seasickness. It was a 30 minute class, and although it was a bit slower than the class I normally take, it was really quite nice. We had something we wanted to do at 9:45, so all I had time for after yoga was a quick mile on the treadmill.

Then the rest of the trip, I didn't do any actual workouts. We did a whole lot of swimming on Monday May 6th while we were at Grand Cayman, and then a lot of walking on Tuesday May 7th at Cozumel, Mexico. We walked 1.5-2 miles to and from dinner on Thursday May 9th, and then at least 4-5 miles around Sea World on Friday May 10th. Even with that, getting back into workouts this week is going to be painful!!

Also, I decided to start a new training plan for running. I noticed while on the RunKeeper site the other day, that they have free training plans. I signed up to do a Sub 55 min 10k Training Plan, starting this week. It's a 16 week plan, ending on August 31st, which is perfect timing since that is the day of the Charlottesville Women's 4 Miler. Once I complete this training plan, I will assess how I'm doing with the running, and think about maybe starting a half marathon training plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment