Monday, May 20, 2013

Workouts: May 16, 17, 18, 2013

Since I didn't post anything about these workouts right after they happened, here they are all together. Unfortunately I don't have anything to post about tonight - I wasn't feeling that great so I stayed home from work and from the gym. I got some packing done, so it wasn't a total loss.

On Thursday, I got to try out my new yoga towel! I really liked it, I didn't slip around at all. The class was taught by a different instructor, and I really enjoyed it. It was a bit slower than what I'm used to, but we held the poses longer and repeated them, which really worked my muscles. Before the class started, I did 2 miles on the indoor track. It was the first time I did more than a lap or two around the track, so I wasn't sure going into it how it would go. There are 10.5 laps in a mile, so I did 21 laps to get my 2 miles done for my training. It went really well! It's cooler out on the track than in the rest of the gym, and I felt a nice breeze on me as I was running. Thank goodness I had the yoga towel, since I was pretty sweaty going into it. I didn't keep track at all of the running time, but I think it was about 9 minute miles.

I missed Wednesday's workout, which completely messed up my running plan. I was planning on doing 2 miles each on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, before my strength workout. I ran on Monday and Thursday, so had to figure out what I was going to do the rest of the week. I decided to give it a try to run on Friday as well, and then plan on my long run for Saturday.
I did my pullups first:
90lbs assistance - 10, 9, 6
100lbs assistance - 8
Then I ran 2 miles again on the track. This time I timed myself, and did it in exactly 18 minutes, proving I was probably right with my guess for Thursday.
For Sparty, I was kind of lazy, in two ways. I just did the same workout from April 19th, with the exception of regular biceps curls for reverse, and I used 12.5lb DBs. In addition, since I was pretty tired from the running, plus a long day at work (had to stay late in lab to finish analyzing data, so I got to the gym pretty late) so I only went through the sparty set once.

Saturday morning, I did my long run with Joey. I was scheduled to do a 4 mile slow run, so we went to Riverview Park. The original plan was to just run from the parking lot to the end of the path, which was almost exactly 2 miles, and to just run back. For some reason the ball of my foot was really hurting, so we decided to turn around at the 1.5 mile point, and to loop around back at the start if I was still feeling okay. We were planning on strawberry picking soon after the run, making our time a lot more limited, so I didn't want to have to worry about walking back from any point if I hurt too much to finish. My foot wasn't hurting as badly once we were getting back to the start, so with Joey's help, I decided to do an extra loop. We finished the first 3 miles in 28 minutes, at a 9:20 average pace. We took a minute to stretch out a bit, then did the last ~0.87 mile in 8 minutes.