Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Workout: May 22, 2013 (plus dinner)

I didn't work at all Sunday-Tuesday. Huge slacker. Today I think I more than made up for it. I missed a day of running yesterday, plus KB on Monday, so I decided it would be a good idea to do it all in one day. I felt good after I was done, but tweaked something in my neck/upper back. Hopefully it'll feel better tomorrow.

Assisted Pullups:
90lbs assistance: 10, 10, 6, 4

Running:
I did "3 miles + strides." The description was:
3.00 miles slow
0:20 fast
2:00 slow
0:20 fast
2:00 slow
0:20 fast
I did the first 3 miles at 5.7mph on the treadmill, then went up to 8.0mph for the fast sections. I think I ended up doing 3.54 miles in 36:40. I did 1 minute slow jogging to cool down, then walked for 4 more minutes, with a total of:
3.85 miles in 41:40, 444 calories burned

KB Card:
Modified Farmers Walk
10-2 Ladder
Swings
Pushups
Grand Ribbon
Clean and Press (5 each side instead of 10)
Tactical Lunge (5 each side instead of 10)
American Swings
Triple Crush

After the gym I went to a friend's house for a bit, then checked on the plants at Joey's house (they're all looking really good!), then home for shower+dinner. The department had free lunch (fajitas from Baja Bean) so I didn't eat my sandwich, so I was in the mood for a sandwich tonight. I made a delicious dinner, and was so hungry I ate the entire thing without even thinking about photographing it. I'm documenting what went into it anyway.

Tilapia Sandwich with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
From: Me
Yield: 1 sandwich

Ingredients:
1/2 medium onion, sliced into half rings
4 white mushrooms
4 baby bella mushrooms
1/2 tbsp oil
s&p
1 tilapia filet (I buy them frozen and individually wrapped at Sam's Club)
Favorite seasoning
2 slices rye bread (seeded)
1 tomato, sliced
1-2 large pieces of lettuce
Sweet and spicy mustard

Directions:
Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, sprinkle with s&p, toss to mix. Cook for several minutes, or until starting to brown, but not yet sticking. Add the mushrooms. They will start to release liquid after a few minutes. Keep cooking until the onions are soft and translucent. If they start to stick, add a few tbsp of water.

Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the tilapia on the sheet, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. I used the spice mix for tzatziki sauce (salt, pepper, garlic, dill). You could also keep it simple with just salt, pepper, garlic. Cook fish for 7 minutes.

Toast the bread, then slather with mustard. Top with onion and mushroom mixture, sliced tomato, the fish, lettuce, and then the second piece of bread. Slice in half and enjoy!

Nutrition (estimated)
529.5 calories
13.6 g fat
66.8 carbs
6.5 g fiber
41.5 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment