Sunday, May 26, 2013

Weekly Finds - 5/26/13

Breads:
Sundried Tomato Cheese Bread This is beautiful! I think it would make such a tasty sandwich, and it looks like it slices beautifully.
Cheddar Swirl Rolls These look just like the rolls I was obsessed with on the cruise!!! And they're a Smitten Kitchen recipe, so c'mon on...they are being made!

Desserts:
Greek Yogurt Truffles Such a smart idea to use greek yogurt to lighten up truffles! These are made with white chocolate, I wonder if they could be made with dark chocolate
Coconut Salted Caramel Doughnuts I have a doughnut pan that I've used maybe 3 times - I think this gives me a reason to use it
Strawberry Sweet Rolls with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze I NEED TO MAKE THESE! I would love to use homemade strawberry jam in them. Now I just need to go strawberry picking so I can make said jam...
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies This seems like the perfect combination of the flourless peanut butter cookie and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Plus it looks like the oats melt into the cookie and disappear!
Strawberry Muffins These look fantastic! I would say I can't wait to use fresh picked strawberries in them, but would that be a waste! I love that they use greek yogurt.
Chocolate Red Wine Cake with Blackberry Buttercream I love the idea of red wine and chocolate. I usually don't like chocolate cake, but maybe I'll give this one a try.
Green Tea Ginger Ice Cream I bought matcha powder ages ago, and used it once! This sounds like a great summer treat.

Lunch:
Roasted Zucchini and Feta Frittata Wrap I really want to try this. I'm usually boring and have a sandwich every day, and sometimes it really is boring! I wonder if it can be made in the morning or the night before.

Snacks:
Chewy Walnut Granola Bars I'm intrigued by the apricot paste that binds these together. I also like that the author admits they didn't look like they would hold together right when they came out of the oven, but that they still worked out just fine.
Morning Glory Muffins I had a morning glory muffin from Whole Foods last weekend, and it was really good. Surprisingly dense! This recipe sounds pretty tasty.

Dinner:
Quinoa Veggie Burgers with Pickled Red OnionsYES! I was just thinking I wanted to make veggie burgers again. This simple recipe uses ingredients I already have on hand.
Homemade Spinach Pasta Dough I tried making spinach pasta dough once and it was a disaster - the spinach made it too wet to work with. I will have to try it again with this recipe!

Drinks:
Blueberry Mojito Sounds like the perfect summer drink. Maybe I'll make it once blueberries are ready to be picked at my favorite orchard :)

Breakfast:
The Perfect Soft Boiled Egg I would love to try this! I love the idea of a poached egg, but you lose so much of the white (at least I do). As long as you break the shell very carefully, this should be a perfect substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment