Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Workouts: May 27 and 28

I have a really weird schedule this week. First, I'm moving this weekend, so I'm trying to spend all of my free time packing. Yesterday was a holiday, so of course that threw things off. And then I need to be in lab super early Tuesday (today) and Thursday, and I'll be here late those days as well. This is making it more difficult to plan my workouts.

On Monday, the gym was closed. Normally I do kettlebell workouts on Mondays, but that's a bit difficult when the bells I use are locked up in the gym. I'm also not going to be able to do my Sparty workout on Friday, since I'll be doing the bulk of my move-out then. Because of this, I just moved everything around. I'm going to do KB on Wednesday, when the gym is open again. And I did a Wednesday/Sparty style workout on Monday in my  living room.

Workout: Monday, May 27th
Equipment: Yoga mat, lifting gloves (I used my yoga towel instead), 2 DBs, 1 medicine ball

60 seconds at each station, 30 seconds between stations
Take a few minutes break at the end of each set
Go through three times


  1. Pushup position row (no weight)
  2. Goblet squat - 15lb DB (holding it by the head, vertically)
  3. Bent over row - 2 15lb DBs
  4. Superman (no weight)
  5. Split squats - 15lb DB
  6. Squat and press - 2 15 DBs
  7. Triceps lifts - 15lb DB (holding it by the head, vertically)
  8. Burnout jumps (no weight)
  9. Toe touch - 10lb medicine ball
My left wrist started hurting during the second set of pushup position row, so for the third set I did a 1 minute plank instead. I think the plank was harder! I also had a hell of a time with the squat and presses - I think it was too much to do with the 15lb DBs. 

Workout: Tuesday, May 28th
Running

Like I said, I have long days on Tuesday and Thursday this week. I was in lab by 7am, and I'll be here until at least 7pm. However, once I get a few things done, I have a 3 hour window between 8am and 11am. I decided to come into lab in my running clothes, go straight on a run, and then go home to shower and change. It was a bit tricky, but worked out okay. I was STARVING by the time I got back to lab and could eat breakfast. According to my training plan, I was supposed to do 3 miles (slow) plus 3 sets of 20 seconds fast and 2 minutes slow. That's kind of difficult to do outside, especially since I don't know where hills are going to appear, so my plan was to end my run at the gym, and do the intervals there. By the time I got to that point I just wanted to be done, so I changed the run to end near my house. My hip has been hurting a bit, but thankfully felt better during the run.

Totals: 3.02 miles in 29:17
9:43 average pace
351 calories burned



I have to say, it felt pretty good to have done so much by 10am! Not that I'm planning on keeping this kind of schedule unless I have to...

No comments:

Post a Comment