Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sparty Workout + Healthy Fried Rice

I finally got back into doing real workouts this week! On Friday, I did both a "spartacus-style" workout, and part of my running training.

Workout: Friday May 24th

Assisted Pullups:
90lbs assistance: 10, 10, 7

Assisted Triceps Dips:
90lbs assistance: 7
100lbs assistance: 7, 7

Running:
I ran on the indoor track. Usually I stick to the inside lane, this time I tried the middle lane. It was really empty, which was nice. I may have lost track of how many laps I ran (takes 21 laps to do 2 miles), but I didn't really care what my time was. I was trying to go nice and slow during it.
Total: 2 miles (probably) in 19:52, 9:56 min/mile

Spartacus Workout:
60 sec at each station, 15 sec between stations
Twice through

Burpees
Crunch+Hold
Inbred cousin - 14lb medicine ball
Step-ups using low stool
Triceps dips on low stool
DB side lunge with touch - 12.5lb DBs
Plank up-downs
Lunge with rotation - 14lb medicine ball
DB chest fly - 12.5lb DBs
Walkout planks

I like to keep track of some of the sparty exercises - how many reps I can get done in the 1 minute. I like comparing from week to week, plus it gives me something to work toward, to try to beat my reps from the first set.

Burpees: 12, 13
Inbred cousins: 14, 14
DB side lunge with touch: 24, 26 (12 and 13 per leg)
Lunge with rotation: 16, 18 (8 and 9 per leg)
DB chest fly: 22, 27
Walkout planks: 11, 13

I was exhausted when I got home! Joey was in the process of doing all of the dishes from the past few days, which was really nice and helpful. We roasted some veggies, and then did separate things with them. This is what I did!



Healthy Fried Rice with Roasted Veggies and Shrimp
From: Me
Yield: 1 serving

Note: Use whatever veggies you like and have on hand!

Ingredients:
2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
1/4 large onion, halved and sliced in half rings
1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tbsp oil
salt, pepper, garlic powder
1 cup leftover cooked rice
1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
6oz frozen shrimp, thawed
pepper, smoked paprika
1 1/2 tbsp soyaki
1 egg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss veggies with 1/2 tbsp oil and seasonings. Cook until soft and caramelized, ~20 minutes, stirring every 10.
When there are 10 minutes left for the veggies, heat the sesame oil in a large nonstick pan on medium high. Microwave the leftover rice with a splash of water, covered, for 30 seconds. Add the rice to the pan, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Line a small baking sheet with foil, put the shrimp on it, and sprinkle with seasonings. Cook at 450 for 6 minutes.
While everything is finishing up in the oven, add the soyaki to the rice, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and break up with a spatula, cook until all parts of the egg are scrambled.
Turn the heat off, and stir in the veggies and shrimp.
Enjoy!

Nutrition
720 calories
25 g fat
71.6 carbs
6 g fiber
50 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment