Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekly Finds - 5/19/13


I've decided to start adding comments for everything I've pinned. This way it reminds me of why I pinned it in the first place, and also gives more information to anyone actually reading this.

Desserts:
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream I love that this uses fresh mint. This reminds me that I need to plant some mint!
Chai-Vanilla Bean Pots de Creme I've only made pots de creme once, with maple syrup, but this recipe sounds delicious! I love the warmth chai tea brings to recipes.
Apricot, Sage and Hazelnut Galette Wow, this looks incredible! I love sweet recipes that add a savory herb to them, it makes the flavor so much more complex.
Lemon Cheesecake with Ginger Shortbread Crust This sounds like a great combination of flavors - lemon, ginger and berries go so well together. Plus I love cheesecake :)
Lavender Blackberry Scones - I have some dried lavender I've been dying to use, this may be just the recipe to use it for
Sweet Lavender Scones - Another great use for my lavender!
Speculoos Cookie Sandwiches I have been obsessed with speculoos/biscoff since I found it at Trader Joe's. Joey even brought me a jar back from France. And I love how dainty the cookies look!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting These cookies would probably be fantastic even without the frosting. Although if I do make the frosting, I think I would swap out half the butter for cream cheese. I love the tang that cream cheese gives to frosting.
Brown Sugar Macarons I am DYING to try to make macarons. I've been wanting to make them even before I had ever tried one (weird, I know). I tried them in France, so now of course I want to make them even more. Side note - Joey and I can't figure out how to pronounce them without sounding silly and faking a French accent, so we just call them "French macaroons" vs "Jewish macaroons"
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies These cookies look amazing, and I love the brown/white sugar and mini/regular chocolate chip combos. The recipe was adjusted to work at high altitudes, so hopefully it works at sea level!
Cinnamon Mousse Tarts with Mexican Chocolate Shells I LOVE cinnamon. The "chocolate cinnamon sticks" are so cute!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies This is probably the combination of the 3 best kinds of cookies there are. Plus they look beautiful.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Sandwich Cookies These somehow look like sugar cookies, and the cookie sandwich is so cute.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with Cardamom Whipped Cream I love strawberries and rhubarb. I saw some rhubarb at the store the other day, and it was $10/lb!!

Bread:
Seed Fruit and Nut Bread This looks like a really hearty (and easy to make) beautiful loaf of bread!
Homemade Poppy Seed Burger Buns I don't even like poppy seeds, and I totally want to make these. Although, Joey says I only don't like them because I'm afraid of them all sticking in my teeth.
Whole Wheat Honey Oatmeal Rolls These rolls sound like a perfect side to a healthy breakfast. I wonder if they freeze well...
Savory Caprese Bread I absolutely love the flavor combination in anything caprese, and think this quick bread would be delicious. It looks so moist

Dinner:
Asparagus Pesto Lasagna This sounds like a delicious twist on vegetarian lasagna
Tomato and Mozzarella Risotto I have some risotto rice that needs to be used up, and I love the combination of tomato and mozzarella (especially when basil and spinach are also used)
Southwestern Quinoa and Black Bean Casserole YUM! I love how cheesy it looks

Sides:
Guacamole Rice Sounds like a great way to spice up some cooked rice
Roasted Cauliflower with Parsley Sauce Roasting cauliflower is my favorite way to cook it, it really caramelizes and makes it flavorful. I think the parsley sauce would be a great way to brighten it up.

Snacks:
Healthy 5-Ingredient Granola Bars I'll have to try these out for a pre-gym snack. They seem really easy to make, especially since they're no bake.
Banana Oat Smoothie This sounds like such a simple, healthy smoothie. I bet it would be great with some peanut butter, as well.
Queso with Roasted Poblano Sauce Ahh I love queso!

Health/Cooking Tips:
How To Choose the Healthiest Salad Greens This is a really nice explanation of the vitamins and minerals found in some common salad greens. I wasn't surprised by the low numbers for iceberg lettuce, but was surprised about arugula!
Guide to Brewing the Perfect Cup of Tea
How to Become a Morning Person - really cute infographic with tips about how to get better sleep and get a better start to your day

Exercise:
"Scientific 7-Minute Workout" A circuit training workout created by researchers from the Human Performance Institute, tried out by people at Greatist
14 Exercise Recovery Tools - I agree about the stick being something every runner loves to hate! That is the only one I've tried from the list.
11 Must-Try Tabata Exercises - A good list of some simple exercises that work well in a Tabata circuit
Advanced No-Gym Bodyweight Workout - This sounds really hard! Maybe something to schedule for the future, once I've mastered regular pushups and planks haha

Fun Links:
Daily Dose of Happiness No further explanation needed - cute pics/videos from the web

No comments:

Post a Comment