Friday, September 27, 2013

8k Training: 4 mile easy run

Like the title suggests, I was supposed to run 4 miles yesterday. I couldn't do it until after work, and I think you all know how I feel about running in weather warmer than 60 F. I decided to do half outside, and half on the treadmill. I planned a small loop that was 2.33 miles total, and was exactly 2 miles at the beginning of a hill. I figured if I was tired, I could just walk back the rest of the way, and do 2 miles on the treadmill. If I was feeling good, I could run the whole way back, and then do a bit less on the treadmill. I forgot to start runkeeper until I had been going for 1/4 mile, so I'm glad that I already knew exactly how long the route was, and where the 2 mile marker was. I ended up doing the whole 2.33 miles. I felt a bit funny walking into the gym already covered in sweat, but oh well.

I don't know if the running helped with my sore muscle recovery at all. Sometimes it's really helpful to get my legs going. My body was (and still is) just so sore that it's hard to tell. This is probably the most sore I've been since I started working out regularly. I'm glad I pushed myself to go out on my run. This is the most consistently I've followed the training plan since I started. Maybe that's why I'm so sore - my muscles were already sore going into Wednesday's workout due to all of the extra running.

I did the 2.33 miles outside in just over 24 minutes, and then did the remaining 1.67 miles inside in just over 17 minutes. Not bad for my "easy run."

Heart Rate Monitor Results:
Note - I think that the first part wasn't recording - I happened to look down at my watch at one point and it said it was trying to connect. For that reason, I'm showing the outside and inside parts separately as well as combined.

Duration: 0:24:37, 0:17:01 = 41:38
Calories Burned: 248, 194 = 442
Average Heart Rate: 167, 168 = 167
Max Heart Rate: 182, 179 = 182
Time in Zone: 0:05:52, 0:02:23 = 0:08:15

No comments:

Post a Comment