Monday, September 30, 2013

Spartacus-Style Workout (Focus on Core)

Remember how I said that I was incredibly sore from Wednesday's workout? I was still really sore on Friday. Thankfully, I got less sore throughout the day. Thursday I definitely got more sore throughout the day. I put together a sparty workout that would mostly avoid all of my sore areas. In order to do that, I had to do a lot of abs/core exercises. This made it an easier sparty than usual, which was a welcome change.

One thing - I had originally included stability ball hamstring curls, but Joey told me to get rid of those if I wanted to be able to walk the next day! My butt and legs were already too sore to handle that. I switched them out for the inbred cousins. If you aren't crazy sore going into this workout, then by all means, do the hamstring curls. They're a fun exercise, and the stability ball is already being used.


Heart Rate Monitor Results:
Duration: 0:32:23
Calories Burned: 228
Average Heart Rate: 127 (65.8% max)
Maximum Heart Rate: 164 (85.0% max)
Time in Zone (65-85%): 0:20:53

No comments:

Post a Comment