Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New Gym

I tested out the gym at my new apartment last night. I realized once I got to lab, that getting to the university gym would be difficult. It's on the other side of campus from my apartment. Since I didn't pack any of my stuff, I would have to go 1 mile+ home from lab, get changed, drive 2 miles right through campus at the busiest time, and then drive back. If I had planned ahead, I could have taken the bus to the gym from lab, and caught a ride home with Joey. Anyway, I decided to switch workout days, and do kettle bells on Wednesday, and a Wednesday workout on Monday. I'll eventually have to buy some kettle bells so I'm not as dependent on a gym. Joey has some of his own, but I don't think I'll ever be able to use 50lb kettle bells...

The gym is part of the "Madhouse," which also has a business center, a movie theater, and a hangout area complete with a kitchen. It's really convenient that it's right next to my apartment, since I can use the gym whenever I want. It's small, but it has 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals, and 3 bikes, as well as free weights from 5lbs to 50lbs, and a few weight machines. I made sure my entire workout could be done with body weight or DBs, since I didn't think they had any medicine/stability balls (and I was right). The only bad thing about the gym is that I get ZERO reception in it. This is including 4G on my phone, which means I won't ever be able to listen to pandora or any streaming music while I'm there. 

This is what I did!

"Wednesday workout" for Monday June 17th:
45 seconds on, 30 seconds off
Go through the list 3 times, taking a 2-3 minute break between sets

Lunge with twist: 20lb DB
Triceps dips (using the end of a workout bench)
Split squat - left side: 20lb DB
Split squat - right side: 20lb DB
Russian twist: 20lb DB
Bridge with leg lift - left
Bridge with leg lift - right
Superman
Triple crush: 2 10lb DBs
Pushup position row
Thrusters: 2 10lb DBs
One-arm swing - left: 15lb DB
One-arm swing - right: 15lb DB

No comments:

Post a Comment