Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekly Finds: 6/9/13

Dinners:
"Fried" Summer Squash Tacos with Charred Corn Salsa These sound amazing! Such a unique take on a typical fish taco. I want to try the baked method, so they're a bit healthier. Definitely will be trying these out with farmers market summer squash.
Quinoa and Spinach Patties I love the idea of using these as a veggie burger alternative. They look like they came together really well, which usually isn't the case with a homemade veggie burger anyway. And with a poached egg on top? Perfection
Crispy Buffalo Style Quinoa Sliders with Sweet Corn + Scallions Wow, lots of quinoa burgers! These look so adorable

Desserts:
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Roasted Berries This sounds like a dessert (and very luxurious) version of my daily breakfast of greek yogurt with fresh berries. I wonder if it could be made without the heavy cream, for a slightly less decadent dessert...?
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Scones with Peanut Butter Glaze This combines the two best banana pairings - banana+chocolate and banana+peanut butter! A great alternative to banana bread as a way to use up overripe bananas
Strawberry "Long-Cake" Cute name (took me a sec to get it haha) and a simple way of using fresh strawberries in baked goods
Lemon Upside-Down Loaf Cake Creative way of making an upside-down dessert
Strawberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt I've been wanting to make homemade frozen yogurt using greek yogurt for a while now. This recipe sounds really simple, and good!
Brown Butter Banana Blondies I'm incredibly impressed that blondies with something as soft/wet as banana actually got the perfect texture. Like the author, I love the crackly top of brownies.
Slow Cooker Nutella-Coconut Pudding Cake Joey sent me this recipe, along with an apology. It sounds so rich and decadent, plus I love anything that can be made in the slow cooker. This will be perfect on a cool night. And yes, I will definitely make homemade coconut ice cream to go with.
Baked Apple Dumping Pie On the cruise, I had baked apple with yogurt every morning for breakfast. I've been craving it lately, and really want to try doing it in the fall, once fresh berries are no longer in season. This is a cross between baked apples and a pie, and sounds delicious.
Balsamic Strawberry Ice Cream I always say that I want to make a uniquely flavored ice cream, and it never happens. I keep making classic flavors like vanilla, chocolate, peach, cheesecake. This sounds like a baby step into unique flavors.
Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Roll Donuts These sound genius - especially putting the cinnamon swirl mixture on the bottom so each donut is coated.

Breakfast:
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits I recently went to Red Lobster for the first time, and their biscuits were really good, although a bit too buttery. I'd love to try this version.
Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfait with Coconut Granola Wow, that is a mouthful of really delicious sounding things. I'm intrigued by the idea of layering in the quinoa with the yogurt and granola. I'm dying for those roasted blueberries! This will be made once blueberries are ready to be picked at my favorite orchard
Raisin Oat Donuts In case you're wondering why these are under breakfast and not dessert, it's because they're made with oats and flax instead of flour, and are sweetened with honey, cinnamon, raisins and vanilla. Healthy without including weird ingredients = perfect!

Cooking Tips:
Collapsible No-Bake Pan This is such a cool idea!

Snacks:
Everything White Bean Hummus I claim sometimes to not like everything bagels, but it's really because I hate getting poppy seeds stuck in my teeth. I think that it would be worth it, just to enjoy this delicious sounding dip!

Exercise Finds:
Super Sweaty Tabata Supersets - Cardio and Strength Workout This looks like a really great workout - maybe I'll use it in place of a Wednesday or Friday workout! (I don't like giving up KB Mondays)

No comments:

Post a Comment