Monday, August 26, 2013

Running and Yoga on 8/21/13

Time to start catching up on posts! This is what I did at the gym, last Wednesday night.

I FINALLY went to a yoga class! There's a new class called Power Yoga that I've been wanting to try out for some time now. The class doesn't start until 6:45, so I either talked myself out of going, or just couldn't make it. I decided to give it a try last week. It's described as being a good class for people who love yoga, as well as athletes who are interested in cross-training. I thought that sounded perfect for me, but was a little nervous about how hard on my muscles it would be. I was already crazy sore from my KB workout two days prior. I also hadn't been to yoga in 3 months!

I decided to do a quick run before yoga, so I strapped on my heart rate monitor and headed up to the indoor track. Once I got up there I realized that I forgot the watch..whoops. I didn't feel like going back down to get it, especially since I wanted time between running and yoga to cool off, so I just started running without it. I think I ran 2 miles in 19:04 - I always manage to lose track of how many laps I did. That makes it an average pace of 9:32/mile, which makes sense. Then I walked 3 laps (between 1/4 and 1/3 mile) in 4:38, and ran another 2/3 mile in 6:52. I did that last part nice and slow, at a 10:18 average pace. I used the stopwatch on my phone to keep track, and pressed the lap button after finishing the 2 miles, the walking part, and the last running part. I walked another couple of laps after of that, and am just seeing now that I never pressed stop! It was up to 116 hours haha.

After running, I had plenty of time to cool down for yoga. I went back to the locker room so I could grab the heart rate monitor watch. The class was pretty good. I liked the instructor. I don't know if she went super slow because some people said they had never done power yoga, or if that's just her style, but it was definitely a slower pace than the Yoga Flow class I've gone to. It was also much much easier. I still really enjoyed it, for the same reason that I always enjoy yoga. It made me realize how much I've missed going to yoga regularly. The drop-in class schedule at the gym just changed for the fall semester, so I'll have to pick a class (or two) to go to regularly.

Heart Rate Monitor (just from yoga):
Duration: 01:05:14
Calories Burned: 327
Average Heart Rate: 109 (56.5% max)
Max Heart Rate: 132 (68.4% max)
Time in Zone (65-85% max): 0:03:52

No comments:

Post a Comment