Friday, August 9, 2013

Workout Recap - Running on August 8th

Like I mentioned before, I wasn't feeling well Tuesday and Wednesday, plus was pretty stressed in lab. I came home both days and just collapsed on the couch. Workouts definitely did not happen on those days. At first I was majorly bummed - I didn't get a run in on Tuesday, and I missed a strength workout on Wednesday. Plus I got behind in the challenge. Then I realized that since I didn't have a long experiment on Thursday, and since I was feeling a lot better, I could do my run then. As for the challenge, well I'm still behind. I haven't done it since Monday, and I already had skipped a day on Sunday. (Actually I think I got things even more mixed up, and might have done the same thing on Saturday and Monday, as well.) I'm going to try to start it up again today, and will probably repeat day 13 again. I'm going to cut out the burpees, but I'll try to do everything else as it.

For my run, I didn't do a fancy interval like I've been doing. I guess technically it wasn't Interval Tuesday, so that wouldn't have been appropriate anyway :p

I did a 3 mile run, while steadily increasing the pace throughout. If that's something you're interested in, then hopefully you'll find this helpful! I walked a bit at the beginning and the end, and then did 3 miles in just about 29.5 minutes, which is an average pace of 9:50 minutes/mile.


Heart Monitor Results:
Duration: 0:37:36
Calories Burned: 425
Average Heart Rate: 166
Maximum Heart Rate: 188
Time In Zone: 0:07:40

No comments:

Post a Comment